Barossa

Sarah's Culinary Adventure in the Barossa

3/07/2011 10:15:00 PM

Palm trees lining Seppeltsfield Road

Hello Hello!  I have just come back from an amazing week in the lovely Barossa!  As you may know, I was lucky enough to win the Barossa's Table competition, run by Tourism Barossa!  (My winning entry is here).  The fabulous prize included:
  • Return flights for 2 people from Melbourne to Adelaide
  • Car hire for the trip
  • Accommodation for 7 nights
  • Barossa food and wine experiences for each day in the Barossa, which included winery visits, delicious dinners, gorgeous long lunches and loads more!
Just quietly, I also won the parallel Barossa competition that Nuffnang ran for its bloggers, which was a weekend away to the Barossa.  However, I would have felt a bit greedy taking both prizes, so I said that they could give their weekend-away to the runner up.


We were hosted by the lovely Jaci and Paige from Tourism Barossa, who created a fantastic itinerary, jam-packed with loads of interesting activities.  And when I say "hosted", I really mean hosted!  They drove us around, gave us the inside scoop on Barossa news, introduced us to heaps of interesting locals, came with us for dinners and wine tastings (it's a tough life!), and just made sure we had a fantastic time.  (This was especially appreciated because I was by myself for the first few days - Sandra could only come up for the 2nd half of the trip).  Thanks so much guys!!

Henschke Hill of Grace Vines

Te-Aro vineyard

So that's right, I spent the last week eating and drinking our my through the Barossa.  Phew!  I think I need a second holiday to recover from this one!  Sarah Cooks will have a distinct Barossa flavour over the next month, but to start, I thought I'd share a few photos, and the itinerary with you all.

(Activities listed in italics weren't part of the original itinerary, but were added on during the week when some spare time arose and/or we scored invitations from awesome locals.)


Barossa's Table Itinerary

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Day 8

So as you can see, it was a super busy week, and I'll have heaps of blog posts to come!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. 8 days of food fun! Envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah, congratulations! And Maggie Beer - lucky you! Sounds like such an amazing time, look forward to reading all about it.

    Also, I live in an area of Wellington called Te Aro, so for a second I was all "Sarah was up the road?? There's a winery up the road??" till I clicked..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer! Looks like you had a ball mama!

    What a great trip and props meeting Maggie Beer! I The cook and the chef is one of my all time fav shows...so sad it has ended .

    Must make a visist to the Barossa very very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky girl. I fell in love with the Barossa Valley when we visited last May. I was also lucky to have met Maggie the day we visited her shop too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:27 PM

    Maggie Beer - how exciting! Can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear all about it! We were thinking of planning a trip to the barossa in the near future, so will be very excited to see what's on offer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle - Thanks!

    Laura - LOL! I would have totally contacted you if I'd gone to Wellington!

    Adrian - Yeah, omg, amazing trip. Maggie's brilliant too! You must go to Barossa, I think you'd love it!

    Charmaine - Thank-you! She's not always in the shop, so congrats on meeting her too! :)

    Anon - Hehe, Maggie is such a legend. :)

    Susan - I can't recommend the Barossa highly enough! I know I was lucky to get a special experience, but there is so much to see and do there!

    xox Sarah

    ReplyDelete

CONTACT ME

My email address is sarahcooks [at] hotmail [dot] com.