Mum's birthday party

Mum's Birthday Party: The Menu

7/11/2008 07:27:00 PM

Just realised, that despite all my long and detailed posts about Mum's birthday party, (on Sunday night) I haven't posted up the menu!!


Nibblies
Cheese Stars
The Union Square Cafe's Bar Nuts
Chilli Olives (store-bought)

Food to be Passed Around
Beans & Prosciutto
Natural Oysters & Prawns
Gruyère Choux Puffs
Chicken Gyoza
Flammkuchen
Pumpkin and Bocconcini Skewers

Bigger Food for the Hungry Hordes
Mushroom and Tomato Quiche (whole, not mini)
Beef Chipolatas with Bread Rolls and Mustard


Dessert
Cheese Platter (Brie, Cheddar, Blue, Muscatels, Guava Paste, Apple/Pear slices, Cornichons)
Croquembouche
Madeleines

Including the family, there will be 35 guests. As you can see, the menu is a bit of a mixed bag. My original (loose) idea for the theme was French, but after the trials I've adapted it a bit to suit our tastes. And I figure that with such a big group of diverse guests, people will just choose what they like to eat and leave the rest. I've previously written that I wanted a stew and salads, but I've scrapped that idea because I just could not cope with 35 plates and sets of cutlery.

2 more sleeps to go!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Anonymous12:25 AM

    MMmmm. mmm. Mmmmmmmmmm. Can't we all come along? Oh, and I can't belieeeeeeeve that you didn't cure your own olives, I mean, really! {Joke!}

    Looks, sounds, smells and tastes fantastic, I'm sure. What a lucky mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Duncan,

    It's 12:30am, I had work today, and I'm still up, making a 2nd batch of gruyere choux puffs!

    Cure this! *flips Duncan the bird*

    Hehehehhehehheheh! Just kidding!

    xox Sarah

    ReplyDelete

CONTACT ME

My email address is sarahcooks [at] hotmail [dot] com.