Healthy

Soba Noodles Galore

2/06/2005 07:05:00 PM

On the request of some fellow forum members at Nigella.com, here are a bunch of soba recipes... Delicious.

Just one caveat - these recipes are all copied straight from various recipe books I have - and in general I think that 100g of soba per person is way too much, and leaves me well bloated (or with lots of leftovers)... I usually go for 75g per person as a main meal.

But anyway, cold soba noodles are absolutely fantastic eaten the next day for breakfast.

A previous post on Terry Durack's Soba, including information on the taste and health properties of soba noodles

The recipes:

Soba noodles with Salmon (Jill Dupleix's Old Food)
Chilled soba with oysters (Jill Dupleix's Old Food)
Terry Durack's chilled soba with prawns
Zaru Soba from Japanese Cookery

Happy cooking!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

CONTACT ME

My email address is sarahcooks [at] hotmail [dot] com.